November 15, 2007

Content

I feel liike yesterday i could finally define what contentment was. I was just so happy with life and the way things are going. There isnt one thing about my life right now that i wouldnt change. (maybe except for some of my grades but...) Some say this could be a 'calm before the storm' and that i should be prepared for something big- but why cant life just BE like this? I think half of being content is a persons character, and what they choose to do with life situations- how they choose to act, react and handle.

I remember in the beginning of the year, Dr. Mortenson doing a sermon on being content with where you are. I am finally understanding that. Someone could just never be satisfied with where they are in life ,wanting more (yes even Christians) and chase after empty carnal things whether it be a relationship, more money, a job, 'toys', better grades...anything really. Or you can wake up everyday, thank the Lord for the things you have, the situation you're in and be okay with it all.

My heart is just full of joy, and i haven't felt like this in so long..

No comments: