May 20, 2009

checking in

i am saddened that our china friends have stopped blogging for the most part, and also that i cant go to the reunion in june. I feel like i need to see those people the most, China recently has been becoming a lost memory. I would think about it all the time, at least once a day. It hasn't been that way. I dont want to forget the places and people i saw, the people we were with and the laughs, tears and happiness we all shared. I guess it all fades as life goes on, though we do have remnants of memories when we look into the faces of our girls. I miss everyone lots and i hope i can see someone from the group SOON!

Summer has been enjoyable thus far, its only been 2 weeks. I still cant believe its summer, i feel like im on a break and i need to go back to school. I also cant believe im a senior in college, so bizarre. i feel like i just left yesterday, and i can remember like it was yesterday too. This summer i am a volunteer at a child and youth services agency. I like it a lot so far, it gives me a taste of what my future will be like. I do mostly clerical stuff but i get my own office and desk and everything. It feels very professional. Its weird to think that this time next year i can have a real job. an actual grown up nine to five full time job. it blows my mind.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nik, we need to plan a PA family gathering this summer, it won't be the same I know, but it would be great to see you! Julie